LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.K.LAKDAWALA (LAW SUDENT)     26 January 2011

is ad-hoc committee a legal entity

Your kind advice is needed on the following matter.

I am residing in an old building which is not registered as per the M.C.S. Act , I was giving maintannce amount in the initial period to the members of the managing committee in CASH for which no reciepts were given and no bank account was opened by them so since last 3 years I had stopped paying any mainatnance.

Last year our society was registered as per the M.C.S. Act so the managing committee members insisted on me to pay the earlier dues of 3 years to which I told them that I am ready to ay the old dues provided they give me the certified audit report of the accounts for the money which they have taken from the tenants since last 10 years to which they replied that they will pass a resolution mentioning to transfer the said dues outstanding on me in the account of the registered society hence I would like to ask you as will this be a legal resolution and can they transfer the outstanding dues prior to the registration of the society into the society account and will file a case U/s 101 of the M.C.S. Act whereas I believe that once a society is registered it becomes a separate entity and separate books of accounts are mentioned.so what will be the legality of this resolution

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register