LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajeet (tech)     04 January 2014

Irctc cheating

Dear sir 

I had booked two ticket from hathidah to howrah on 12 nov and howrah to cst mum on 13 nov. Hathidah train  and i missed the howrah to mumbai train bearrival  arival of incoming train from hathidah.i tried to contact the station master to know the procedure to how we can cancelled the ticket but every one passing the ball to other.and after half an hrs he suggested me to file a tdr online only .till that time I tried to login but irctc fail. Then immediately I contacted to irctc customer care .and told about actual scene. They told that ur complain has been registered and file tdr when site is open .I had continues ly tried to log in and successful at around 1045. Athat time irctc replied that tdr has forwarded and it will took 90 days. After 10 days again I had received mail from that irctc that my claim has been decline due tdr filed late. And tdr file rules is within 2 hrs of actual train departure.  In that case plz suggest me that can I logged complain agains irctc and where


 5 Replies

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     04 January 2014

As the cause of action arose at Howrah you can file a petition before STATE OF WEST BENGAL CONSUMERS COURT stating the facts in details for relief and compensation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 January 2014

First issue a legal notice to IRCTC claiming the refund and on receipt of reply you may choose next course of action on the issue.


sir, how can someone issue a legal notice without going through a district consumer forum first. please clarify what exactly you mean by legal notice here. is it just send a notice through lawyer or from court? i am also in a similar want to clarify.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     06 January 2014

Go to FREE school street RATIONING OFFICE BUILDING where you will  find the office of WEST BENGAL CONSUMES GRIEVANCE CELL OFFICE  meet the officer in charge there he will help you for filing a case against Railway authority. No need for legal notice..

SKapoor_Lawkonect (Lawyer)     06 January 2014

Hi Ajeet, you can file your complaint at the district consumer forum at the first instance as the major cause of action has arisen at hatidah consumer forum or you can also go to the West Bengal Consumer Court with each and every detail about your case and the amount you want to claim from the portal. The case as you mentioned is clearly a case of lack of service and you should try to ensure that your complaint is backed by enough evidence regarding the problems you had faced due to the poor services of IRCTC. The deficiency in service can very clearly be established as the repudiation of your tdr claim by IRCTC was not justified in the circumstances mentioned by you.






Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads