LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aashish   30 June 2017

Ipc 420

A complain was filed against me on police station. * FIR has not been launched yet but the person is threatning me as he will launch 420 against me. * i sold a shop to a person 3 months ago. * according to him the shop on the ground floor which is 21 year old is a residential flat on layout when passed. *i was the 4th purchaser of the shop and there was a hand made map of shop signed by builder on registry, and i sold it exactly as i purchased. * he bounced the cheque of Rs 2 lack mentioned in registry, and i already send him the notice. * my question is can he launch FIR against me, and what steps should i take as i am completely innoscent.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2017

Did you inquire and obtain proper legal opinion about type of property before buying?

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.

Now either resolve amicably, out of court or approach court.

ADV. SHRAVAN GIRI (PROFESSIONAL)     30 June 2017

Dear Aashish,

First of all you need to take an Anticipatory Bail, it is not necessary that there has to be an FIR reported against you to opt ABA ( Anticipatory Bail). It only requires one thing i.e. there is an apprension of attrest. Later, you can file an FIR against that person for giving threat OR you can also report an FIR against the earlier Buyer.  

Approach a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters, along with sale deed signed by you, previous onses, mutation record etc .

In future avoid buying without proper legal opinion.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 July 2017

Originally posted by : Aashish
A complain was filed against me on police station.

* FIR has not been launched yet but the person is threatning me as he will launch 420 against me.

* i sold a shop to a person 3 months ago.

* according to him the shop on the ground floor which is 21 year old is a residential flat on layout when passed.

*i was the 4th purchaser of the shop and there was a hand made map of shop signed by builder on registry, and i sold it exactly as i purchased.

* he bounced the cheque of Rs 2 lack mentioned in registry, and i already send him the notice.

* my question is can he launch FIR against me, and what steps should i take as i am completely innoscent.

You have already sent him the notice.

What is the reply?

Which more star notice is to be sent now?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 July 2017

The 1st to last seller may be entangled in the matter and court may take time to decide.

Is builder that sold on handmade map interested to be a party and resolve the matter?

Have you given the possession?

Approach a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil matters, along with sale deed signed by you, previous ones, mutation record etc

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 July 2017

No case under section 420 IPC is made out. If required consult with details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register