LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Veeranjaneyulu Pullela (Team Leader)     19 December 2011

Ipc 337

Hi, On may 2011 i met with an accident. I was driving my car on highway and tried to over take trailer lorry infornt of me near a curver and could not overtake same and lorry hit my car left side and my my car moved to the right and i lost control over it and banged into the opposite coming car. My wife had a minor injury (cut on lower part of lip) and no one injured in the opposite car. I went to the police and police booked a case under section 184 (negligence driving) and put fine of Rs. 300/- and given me certificate for the same. Later opposite car person demanded me Rs. 3L as damges and i have told him i will give him from 3rd party insurence and he refused and want in cash immediately threatened me that he will file a case if not paid in cash and he filed the case. Now, police have informed that there is a case pending againest me under IPC 337 and i need come down to the court. can they file 2 cases for the same incident. I want expert advice on what can be done? any help is deeply appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Kundan Kr. Singh (Advocate)     19 December 2011

Dear Friend,

Best solution is contact  any Lawyer. As per your quary It seems police has not registerd case against you. If police registerd case against you.This is bailable offence.

You have third party insuarance.If opposite party filed a claim against you before competent court settle the matters in court.Don,t give him money.

1 Like

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     22 December 2011

I agree with Mr. Kundan Singh. Your giving the money doesnt come into picture. Contact your insurance company and tell them what happened in the accident It would be the duty of your insurance company to fight the case after that. 

I believe other party cannot hold it against you unless they are able to prove severe negligence in driving like driving under influece of alchohol or extremely dangerous driving. 

If this doesnt work hire a good lawyer from the district area where the case would be heard. He will have to prove that its habitual of people to drive the way you were driving and it was gross negligence on the part of lorry driver which caused both accidents and even put your life in danger. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register