Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arunkumark (law study)     04 July 2011

ipc 326/506

In a state case of year 2001 medical certificate of one of the witness who was injured was not filed at the time of sending chargesheet to the jmfc court.After a gap of 10 years a application was filed under crpc216 for alteration of charges from 326 to 307 which was heard and decided by the court.It was found  during proceeding that medical certificate of one witness is not submitted with the chargesheet. After hearing of the above application the pp has procured the certificate from the concerned chowky  and submitted it to the court.

Is it admissable after a gap of 10 years and what is the importance of that certificate.whether we can oppose that under which case law.Pl advise.


 1 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     04 July 2011



You should refer to "Limitation Act" regarding this. Evidence act is silent over this aspect of acception evidence and its archaic character.





Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query