Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JM (JM)     01 August 2015


Police filed a chargesheet. Charges have not been framed yet. 

During further investigation, various materials were obtained by the Police themselves that establish several of the charges to be false (though not all of it). The Police are refusing to submit it to the Magistrate. I am aware that the Accused does not have rights to demand production of doucments under CrPC 91. However, these are documents from statutory authorities that have been procured by the police themselves.  

I filed a CrPC 91 which the judge said he will reject. What is the right way to get the police to submit these documents before charges are framed? 






 4 Replies

Amol Kende (No)     01 August 2015

take copy of all these document by any way and present before the court if the police are not working the you can work

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 August 2015

i think filing a protest petition might serve.wait for experts opinion

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 August 2015

TRY RTI way, by filing application seeking for all documents collected during investigation.  Though there is a lurcking fear that they may object stating that investigation is not complete, you may escalate it to SIC, and there is possibility of getting the same as you are an affected party, and can not influence process of investigation only through seeking of documents.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2015

If you are able to procure the evidences through your own sources, you should get them and produce them during defence evidence and mark them as your side exhibits, the court cannot reject this. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query