LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   02 May 2023

investigating officer ( police inspector ) misusing the power

what should I do against investigating officer when he pressurised me to change my statement against his police staff who has disobey the law in a enquiry of a complain and when I was not ready to change my statement then he himself changed my statement and submitted negative report to senior officer for safeguarding his police staff. please suggest where I can approach against this investigating officer ( police inspector ) for his complain and under what IPC I can approach court.

Note - My original statement is still with me.


 3 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Dear Querist

You may file complaint to senior police officials i.e. Superintendent of police, Inspector General of Police, Director General of Police.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Mohit Chahal
WhatsApp No. 9968911099

1 Like

Dr Ramesh Yadav   02 May 2023

please suggest CrPc and IPC under which I can request for action on him.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2023

If you are a defacto complainant and  if you have found any contradictions in your statement or if the report do not carry your contention, or if you feel that the investigation was not carried out properly, then after the police is filing charge sheet before court, you can file a petitioon under secion 173(8) cr.p..c before the trial court seeking for reinvestigation through any other investigating officer.If you have evidence to prove that this IO has suppressed facts in order to protect his fellow police then you can report this matter to the top police officer of the district.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register