Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B Singh (self)     09 November 2012

Investigating officer not investing the case

FIR u/s 156(3) was registered for committing fraud. Ultimately the police registered the FIR but did not investigate the case on point of territorial jurisdiction and submitted cancellation report to court.  After almost one year the court passed orders by giving number of citation of SC that the investigating agency is to place the facts before the court  and redirected the SHO to investigate the matter.  Since the orders have passed nearly more than two months have passed but still the IO did not investigate the matter and whenever I ask him about the case status he replies that he shall not take any action due to territorial jurisdiction as the trial cannot be taken at this place. I also requested the IO / Police than why don't you transfer the case to approriate place where the offence has arosed.  The IO replies that this is also not so possible and just keeping the case pending.  Someone had advice me to write to SSP about the case status as this the shortest method otherwise approaching the court again will take years.  Please advice accordingly. 

 1 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     10 November 2012


write directly to the DGP of concerned state.

file a fresh FIR at that place.

does both places lies under jurisdiction of same court ?



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query