Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahil Mahajan   19 April 2016

Intkal (mutation) of property not done

Hi,

We own a property bought 26 years back. Now we came to know that Intkal (Mutation) of this property is not done. Without intkal, we are facing issues in selling this property. Can someone suggest what best could be done to register intkal of this property.

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     19 April 2016

You can register the Property now by paying the necessary stamp duty and registration charges

(Guest)

intkal

What is legal word , I heard first time , So curious ? 

Democratic Indian (n/a)     23 April 2016

During the Mughal rule, the government, land revenue and court language was Persian. Intkal word is of Persian origin, in English it means mutation. Use of this and other Persian words is in very common usage in many states in northern india. The British did not change the use of these words in revenue records because it served their purpose very well and local revenue officials were very comfortable and familiar with the Persian words.

(Guest)

Thanks a lot, Basically in land laws I see many old words which I never heard and many times have to take lot time to go to core of it.  

Now we have around 50 property and land laws in Maharashtra , Apart from Land Revenue Code all affect the decission and new person who is studying get very much confused.

There are so many different types of land legally and that too under different acts it can easily mislead anyone any time 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register