Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandha (NIL)     30 October 2011

Intimidation by wife's family!

Dear Ld. lawyers,

I had earlier posted in this forum that my wife's family, especially, her brother threatened me on the phone that he will kill my entire family when I told them that her sister is not respecting elders and abusing my family members.

I was advised by a Ld. Lawyer to file a complaint with police but not to file a FIR.

I don't want the police act on the complaint, but for safety purpose I would like to just register this incident for my defence in future if my wife goes in for a 498a.

Can anyone let me know how should I conclude in my complaint, after narrating the whole incident?



 6 Replies

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     30 October 2011

If living with your wife is a harasment to you, then you can file divorce against her. so it will in future to avoid 498 A proceedings against you.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     30 October 2011

Just prepare two copies of a letter to SHO of your area and submit the application at the local police station with stamp on the duplicate that you can keep for your records. The person receiving the application will stamp the application but no action will be taken on the same.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     31 October 2011

Dear Nandha

you can file a complaint against your brother-in-law or any other family mamber of your wife for intimidation before Hon'ble court u/s 200 Crpc and get relief from the hrassment by them.

feel free to call

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     31 October 2011

Dear Nandha, I agreed with sanjeev and Nadeem and above all I am suggesting you that file an informatory petition about the attitude of your wife's family member and send it to the respective police station for enquiry and keep the certifed copy for your safe. It will be useful at the time of distress.

Nandha (NIL)     31 October 2011

Thank you all for your valuable advice!

YOGESHWAR. (ADVOCATE HIGH COURT-criminal /civil     31 October 2011

If you can not carry on better come out of the relations here and now ,  since it will be explosive in future. Law is gender biased and no body will listen to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query