Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

stanley (Freedom)     08 June 2013

The society cant force you to get married . you can break the engagement as its your life and you dont have to pay anything to anybody .Engagement is not a legalised form of marriage .

498 A fighter (Advocate)     08 June 2013

yes it is better yu wake up now otherewise you will again come here by saying that i coaught my wife adultary and i want divorce as she has extra marital affaire ? but kingdly guide me over DV. false 498A.CRPC 125 etc etc

follow the advice mr Stanely

Advocate Deepak Gupta (Lawyer)     08 June 2013

If matter not sort out and  no option left  , file police complaint for extortion against him. ( SEC- 384 of the IPC)

1 Like

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     08 June 2013

Definetly you can refuse marriage and no one can force you. Think for the worst and hope for the best. In Worst side  498, Cr PC 125 etc cases can be initiated against you,  which may spoil a few years and mental peace of yours. you have availability of  Society effective people, in the long run (in case the false cases are started) you would be spending in cash, time, mental peace etc. more than demanded by them. Think over all the pros and cons and proceed.

Himanshu Suthar (Emp)     08 June 2013

@Rajendra Goyal. But sir I m not married with her yet.  So how can her family cam file case against me of Cr Pc 125? And which others cases they can file against me? Please help me.

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     09 June 2013

I regret for wrongly quoting. Case under Dowery Prohibition Act is the possiblity.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 June 2013

you can file extortion case against society heads but be prepared to get High court directions to the police without wheihc they will not arrest them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register