LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAVNEET (MANAGER)     21 August 2013

Intimation u/s 143 (1) on website but hard copy not revieved

recently income tax  website ,i observed that tax is due for fy 8-9,9-10,10-11 whereas i have not recieved any intimation U/S 143(1).Further on analysis i found that i got my PAN address changed in 2009 whereas OLD address is reflecting on website. Due amount seems to pertain about mismatch in TDS.

How to proceed in this case ?? case time barred for rectification application. shall i file RTI to get all the details for inaction due to non change of my old address in website due to which i have not recieved notice and then file rectifcation with delay condonation??? of meet ITO and explain the details  ??


 3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     21 August 2013

You can file R.T.I. Act application  for your information, change of address PAN card etc. Do it immediately.

Vallabh Parmar (Advocate)     27 August 2013

You can file  a rectification application us 154 of i T act within 4 years from date of demand of tax on account of mismatch..  If you have not received intimation from AY 2009-10  to AY 2011-12 then you can  write  a letter  to Assessing Officer informing the department that you have not received  any intimation or notice of demand  for any of said assessment years because of change  in address  . Once you get copy of such intimation  within 4 years from date of receipt of such notice you can file rectification application us 154 of I T Act 1961.

Please note that  department is well aware of huge demand is  being raised on account of mismatch of taxes paid . On receipt of your application  along with copy of  Form no 26 or 26 A of deductor  the department will not insist on correction on webside about TDS paid or correction of error committed by deductor while punching  of details of taxes paid by way of TDS . but as per existing instructions , will give credit of taxes as per TDS certificate and will reduce the demand accordingly

C. SANJEEVA RAO (ADVOCATE)     05 December 2013

u can retrieve the hard copy, by mentioning your panno and date of birth in small case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register