LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nidhi   18 July 2018

Intimation to employer

Sir, I am presently working in a central government ( autonomous body) organisation and I am under probation period. Back on 31st of January 2018, I had applied for Dsssb pgt examination conducted by Delhi government without intimation to my present employer. However on 10th of july 2018, I have informed my employer regarding the examination seeking permission to let me attend the same as and when the exam date is announced with a promise to inform about the date of exam as soon as it is declared (exam is not held yet). In a reply to that my employer has asked me about the date on which I applied for this exam. I have following queries regarding this issue:- 1) Can a disciplinary action be taken against me for non intimation prior to applying for examination( I am not in good terms with my reporting officer) 2) Can my employer at this stage deny permission for attending the examination. If yes, on what grounds? You are highly requested to throw some light on the above queries. Thanks and regards!

Learning

7 Replies

santosh kondam   18 July 2018

No employer can deny to provide opportunities to employees for their personal and professional development. Fact to be considered in this case is "What is important to you? your explanation which can give you opp for job in govt sect or your current job? this decision will guide you for further actions

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 July 2018

I do not find anything legal in this. Your Empoyer raised some queries regarding your application for appearing for an examination for some other job. Please reply the same honestly. It is likely that Employer may ask you why you did not seek their prior permission before you applied for appearing for the said examination. You may reply the same with sincerety.

At the slightest pretext, running to Lawyer is not a good sign and Employers do not like such person and shall brand you as Litigant and word goes round. At this young age, you cannot afford to get an image of being a litigant.

Nidhi   18 July 2018

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply Mr Santosh Prasad and Mr. Sivaramapradad Kappagantu. Sir, also I wanted to ask that if my reporting officer denies me permission to attend the said examination on the grounds for not applying through proper channel, can I contest his decision in anyway?

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     18 July 2018

You should know the procedure for this kind of permission in your organisation. I am sure it will not be your reporting officer who has to give the permission. He shall only forward it to higher authorities may be with his recommendation. Nobody in their right mind refuse a young person when he is searching for more greener pastures. Apply immediately with confidence and if they ask any question give an honest reply.

AnuArora   20 July 2018

I am working as a government teacher... I have just completed my MA during my job. I took permission for the first year but not for the second year. I want to know will it be considered valid at the time of promotion??

AnuArora   20 July 2018

I am working as a government teacher... I have just completed my MA during my job. I took permission for the first year but not for the second year. I want to know will it be considered valid at the time of promotion??

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     21 July 2018

First, you should not post your request for clarification on a thread already running. You should post separately.

To clarify your question, permission for higher studies is given yearwise? Its very strange. You asked like that?  You may please approach your School Authorities with this matter. This forum cannot give any clarifications because the same depend upon the internal rules of the School.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register