LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B S MURTHY   15 October 2021

Intimation / registration of decree of divorce

Hi, one clarification please.  As per the procedure we have got the Decree if Divorce through Court.  Is it to be informed to Registrar of Marriages?  If not, what is the problem?

 4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     15 October 2021

If you marry again after divorce and wish to register the marriage, then a copy of the divorce decree has to be submitted.  Otherwise, it is not necessary.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 October 2021

Submitting such a court order is not mandatory, after such orders, the status stands as "unmarried".

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     16 October 2021

If you remarry and wish to register the same, you must enclose a copy of the divorce decree.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 October 2021

Yes, there is no uch legal requirement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query