Intestate succession property gift by father to step son of deceased owner

my father bought a plot in 1 st wife's name out of his fund,she died intestate with one daughter and one son,my father maried twice and I am her son.can my father gift or will his 1/3 rd share to me

Total likes : 1 times

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

1. YES .... IF 1/3 property is duly mutated /transferred in Father's name in the Revenue or Municipal records, THEN Father may execute a registered Gift Deed of this 1/3rd property in your favor, without any legal exceptions, whatsoever.... 

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal



Your father can gift you his self acquired property as per his wish. You have to execute the gift deed and pay stamp duty applicable in your state and register the same with the sub-registrar.



Why so many queries with facts tweaked to your convenience? Please post the complete facts in their true and real issue for which you are seeking solution.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x