LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh Bhatia (Proprietor)     25 April 2011

Internet service barred still sent the Bill to pay!


My Internet service for Barred and still I was sent the bill to pay, I have paid the bill in complete till the date the internet was accessible, my point is why should I pay for internet if the service is not available, I am sent bill to pay for barred period also, where to file complaint against the company? Please guide

Thank you in advance.



 2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 April 2011

The telecom/internet service providers claim bill for the entire bill period of the bill e.g 1st to 30th of the month even if the service was barred in the mid of the month.

You may submit a written communication to the company under proper acknowledgment and mention company on its own with/without prior intimation, arbitirarily,barred the services implying the contract stands terminated by the company,from the date...(of barring of the service) hence the a/c stands closed by the company without any future liability on you, and company shall not raise any bill on you from the date of .....(of barring of the service).

You may communicate to the company your greivnces if any, and that you were heard/not heard despite your representations if any were made by you.

You may mention that you have already paid the bill for the period till the date connection was kept active by the company and hence you are not liable to pay any more amount.

Unfortunately as per prevailing practices you may not get any relief from greivance redressal mechanism of the company and company in all probabilities shall include your name in then list of defaulters.You may have to get relief from consumer forum.

Lot of choice is available now adays. The momment you face any service default and have greivance,give a notice to the company and terminate and choose another service provider.You will find company chasing you to retain you.

ambrish (service)     27 April 2011

You can write to the 'Nodal Officer' of the service provider compnay and file an appeal before nodal appellate triubunal on the same company, if you are dissatisfied by the resopnse of 'nodal officer'.

relevant law is ' Telecom dispute resolution regulation 2007'.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query