This Blog

This Blog

Wednesday, 15 August 2012

internet conferencing is permissible instead of video conferencing

Kunal Saha Appellant (S) Vs. Sukumar Mukherjee and Ors.Dated7april 2011
citation;2012cr.l.j3312
O R D E R
Leave granted.
Vide its judgment dated August 7, 2009, delivered in Criminal Appeal Nos.1191-1194 of 2005, this Court directed as under: "We further direct that if any foreign experts are to be examined it shall be done only through video conferencing and at the cost of respondents." Mr. Krishnamani, learned senior counsel appearing on behalf of the appellant submits that he wishes to examine only two experts, namely, Prof. John Broughton and Prof. John F. Burke, Economists.
However, he has given up two other experts. Learned counsel for the respondents submits that to avoid unnecessary expenses, the appellant may be permitted to examine these two experts on internet conferencing instead of video conferencing. We order accordingly

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 August 2012

Similary internet councel arguments and judgements also may take place in future.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     16 August 2012

I think the central Government is in the process in this directions, and I hope it reaches all the Courts through out the Country.

SACHIN AGARWAL (ADVOCATE)     03 September 2012

I have also read some where that the Government is taking steps for arguments through Internet Conferancing on Internet and it may come up very soon.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register