Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhu (Employee)     21 January 2016

Interim maintenance payment in pwdva

Hello

Court ordered interim maintenance of 5000 pm arrears totalling to 135000. I have deposited a DD in petitioner legal name in the court. Petitioner is coming back saying asking court to direct me to pay in cash as no bank is allowing to open account in legal name as no identity also mariage not registered. 

Petitioner asking to register marriage or pay in cash. I cannot register marriage as my divorce proceedings will become influctious that way.

I dont want to pay such a big amount in CASH please help. 

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     21 January 2016

It is the duty of the petitioner to open a bank account and encash the DD or cheque, there is no fault on your part, deposit the payment through D.D. or cheque, the court will not force to you to bring the cash and deposit the same before the court to petitioner, if the court say then raise the objection that if any theft or robbery will be happen then the court or the petitioner will compensate me. Feel Free to Call

Sidharth   21 January 2016

There is no relation between opening bank account and registration of marriage. It is the duty of petitioner to encash draft. If bank is not cooperating she should complaint to RBI or court against bank. Court cannot force you to give her cash

Sidharth   21 January 2016

There is no relation between opening bank account and registration of marriage. It is the duty of petitioner to encash draft. If bank is not cooperating she should complaint to RBI or court against bank. Court cannot force you to give her cash

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register