LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran   11 June 2017

Interim maintenance and question abt review petition

Hello. Interim Maintenance in favor of wife was recently ordered. However, the judge didn’t take into consideration several facts, including my current status (I am a Full Time management student), and ordered it based on my past employment. So I want to challenge the same.

The case is going on in Rajkot Family Court. I want to first file for a Review petition in the same court as I had mentioned about my student status, etc. before the Family Court.

Question :  If the Review petition gets rejected by the Family Court, shall I still have the right to file an Appeal or Revision before the High Court against the FC order ?

Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

sagarika (Lawyer)     12 June 2017

yes you have all rights to go to High Court within stipulated time period

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 June 2017

Yes! If your review petition  is dismissed you can file appeal or revision to HIgh court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2017

A review petition hardly serves any purpose. You need to approach higher forums.

Born Fighter (xxx)     12 June 2017

what is quantum of maintenance ordered ?  Is there any kid ? did u take up management course after seperation/ divorce ??

if its as per city standards like in case of metro cities the maintenance ordered in cases where husband is unemployed / studying is about 4000- 5000Rs PM . Courts do not waive maintenance even if husband is studying /unemployed as it feels its duty of husband to maintain his wife/child in any circumstances. 

If amount ordered is minimal then going to HC will not help much.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register