LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod   23 May 2016

Interim maintenance

Dear Members, Greeting to all My father tries to file case against me for interim maintenance. I need to understand my rights if my father fill case against interim maintenance. Please read below condition and suggest me where I am and where are they. 1. I am one person to run my house and up to now I fulfill all family requirements. As on today date I fulfill their all requirement from food, medical and day to day expense. Currently my mother gone under medical issue I spend all expenses towards this operation. Someone push them to file this case against us. 2. My uncle and father sell one family property and getting money from this selling. But I never claim my part from this amount. My wife all ornaments also hold by them. 3. After my marriage only two three years they spend peacefully after onwards they abusing & insulting my wife for dowry and hold my wife all ornaments and now they don’t want to return. Now due to this my wife also wants to file one case against them for dowry & harassment. Now please help me to understand my position in such case. Is court force me to provide my parents interim maintenance amount to them if I already fulfill their all requirement. What is the base of interim maintenance case how to prove that I am not taking care about them? As my all neighbored know about this that how well we treated to them. Thanks & regards J Pramod

Learning

3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     23 May 2016

Dear Pramod if your parents are unable to maintain them self then it is your legal and social duty to pay maintenance to them as per status of you and your parents and it is depend on your income. you have to proved before the court that they are able to maintain them self and they have sufficient amount to maintain them self. if you proved then the court may dismissed their maintenance petition otherwise you have to pay interim as well as permanent maintenance till their life. Feel Free to Call

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

Dear querist,

U have approached a legal forum against UR own father,its a pity.Nothing more to add,act according to the reply of Adv Nadeem Qureshi

(Guest)

Family is for love and support. Focus on building positive environment in family. Once family issues go into court life quickly turns to hell. Paying maintenance is small thing. The bitterness between father and son will have far more negative effect than any order by court on maintenance. See the big picture.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register