LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hemant   24 June 2015

Interim maintenance

Can wife claim Interim Maintenace for the child on the basis of Child support plan and support plan for herself??

Hi i have been give a long list of child support plan and wife support plan ie: It is a plan to maintain herself and the child without any documentory evidence accept school expenditure. She claims her self a destitute AND her parents retired cannot bear the burden on both of them. She has termed the child support as a PLAN so as to prove that she wants to spend on these items and cannot support any documentory proofs as they are meare future expenditure

for Eg: She need Medclaim,LIC,Car,Entertainment,Birthday Celebration,Branded Items for the Child which i cannot afford as I earn only 22000/-P.M and she claims that i earn 22 lacs per month which is false and has not been proven.

The child is the same school during our cohabitation

I have filed resitution against her Divorce u/s 13(1)(i)(a)

My case is up for hearing on CHILD SUPPORT PLAN. How do i defend her whimsical & exhaustive claims made without any relavant support

Learning

1 Replies

Born Fighter (xxx)     24 June 2015

Hemant, you provide details of your income to the court like ITR returns / Salary slips. If you are not producing the same to the court and your wife is able to mislead the court by hyping your income then be prepared for any adverse order by the court. 

If your salary is just 22k then you should just sit and relax. Your wife can ask for the moon but what she will get will depend on facts/merits. Is your wife working ? is she a qualified women ? if yes then you can claim suitable relief and stop/reduce maintenance to your wife. However you will have to maintain the child.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register