LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja Maddol   20 November 2021

Interim maintanance for wife under sec 125

My self wife Filed 125 Maintanance case in family court both side filed disclosure of assets and liabilities affidavit for interim relief .

But my husband filed in his affidavit salary is 70k
But husband is telling in his affidavit home loan EMI of Rs 18756/- PM
Hand personal loan interest of Rs 25000/- PM loan obtained from friends
and relatives

But husband did not attached his document copy of home loan and personal loan along with is affidavit before court

My question is that court can reduce interim maintanance to wife ????

Learning

4 Replies

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     20 November 2021

Dear Ms Pooja, 

In my opinion the it is not the expendutire which is relevant to decide the maintenance but the income capacity. Thus, what EMI your husband is paying is not relevant for deciding maintenance. However even if for the sake of arguments it is admitted that the court will consider the expenditure, the same has to be on record i.e. duly proved by reliable documents. If not proved, the same is always subject to challenge by you. 

Regards

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh

Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     20 November 2021

Court will pass interim maintenance order on basis of pleadings of both parties and documentary evidence available on record.

Pooja Maddol   20 November 2021

plz answer my query again really I am not getting your points advocates

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)     22 November 2021

Dear Ms Pooja, 

In your query you have stated that husband has filed affidavit but not the documents relating to home loan and personal loan. Please note the following:-

1. Interim maintenance is only an urgent relief and not final. The court will decide final maintenace after going through the facts of case.

2. In maintenance cases, one of the most important factor is the income of the husband. Greater the income greater the maintenance. 

3. If the husband has filed affidavit stating home loan and personal loan but has not produced evidence for the same, you can always plead before the court that there is no loan as no evidence has been brought on record by husband. 

4. Thus your maintenance would be without giving any deductions for loans. 

I hope it helps. 

Regards

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)

District & Session Court, Chandigarh

Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register