25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Chennu (senior)     11 March 2015

Interim maintainance

My wife has put up a case against me for providing interim maintenance for 25000/-. But the court has granted 5000/- as maintenance. I went for an appeal in Metropolitan sessions court and got an interim judgment to pay 2500/- . I have been paying this from the date of the initial case. 

Now Metropolitan sessions court has dismissed the maintenance on grounds that since she is working and earning an amount of 9.5 lakhs p.a. she is not entitled for maintenance.


I wanted to know is there now a way for me to claim the amount i paid during this time since the court has rejected her claim for maintenance. If yes, please guide me on how to proceed and any citations.


Many thanks.


 3 Replies


Yeah ask the money back along with interest. via a written application to the judge.  :-))  All the best.

1 Like

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     11 March 2015

If its an order u/s 24 HMA, the file an application u/s 144 CPC

Born Fighter (xxx)     12 March 2015

Well done Mr Kumar....

Fight back and get every penny of yours and also file Perjury

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query