LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s m jani (dy manager)     15 August 2015

Interest rates by banks

Hello to all. I have availed Housing loan for purchasing open plot with the intention of constructing a house. The original terms & conditions insist that I start constructions within 2 years from thei date 

of sanction;failing which the Bank will be charging higher rate of interest as deemed fit. The Bank kept silent for a period of 31 months beyond mandatory 2 years and suddenly charged me with excess interest rates and recovered arrears from my Savings A/c without notice.

My Questions are: 1 ) Whether the Bank has the right to invoke their subsequent changes in  the  scheme with regard to interest rates & Terms & Conditions be made applicable to suit their convenience and apply penal interest rates to the loan a/c as they deem fit without intimating the borrower. 2) Even if the Bank has right to do, can they keep the borrower for 31 months without charging penal rates and suddenly go back and charge the same without intimation.

Since, I have filed a case against the Bank, I request your guidance in the matter.

Learning

2 Replies

slakshmanrao (accounts officer)     16 August 2015

If the auto debit instructions are in force under negotiable instrument act,the payments are to be honoured.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 August 2016

Banks have rights to collect such debts without informating. since the agreement terms & conditions are signed by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register