Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preet Kaur Singh (Asst.Manager)     10 August 2010

Interest charged on Repair Fund waived off

Hi

The Co-operative Society I am residing in was charging me excess maintenance for a period from 2003 to 2005, I had requested the Managing Committee from 2003 till date to settle the difference amount. In 2008 The society decided to collect repair fund from members, I refused to pay untill my excess amount charged to me in the maintenance bill was settled. In the mean time the society started charging interest @21% p.a. for repair fund outstanding. After persuing the matter with the Managing Committe of 2009-10, the Chairman & Secretary waived off the interest amount & also settled the excess amount charged by giving me due credit in my bill. The same was reflected in The Audited Balance-Sheet.

Now the new Managing Committee has reversed the amount & again debited my account  showing it as outstanding, is this allowed once it is cleared in the Balance Sheet.

As I did not want any stress & argue with the members I paid the reversed amount.

Is it correct that once the amount is waived off & settled in Audited Balance Sheet be challenged & changed.

Please help me to undertand the correct law

Thanks Preet

Learning

1 Replies

VIJAY SHAH (REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT)     26 September 2010

To  write  off any  amount,general  body  resolutions  is required .

If it  is passed  by general  body , new committee  have no right  to overrule  general  body  decision

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register