LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar (Software Engineer)     18 February 2012

Interest certificate for education loan

I took education loan from PNB and they are not giving me proper interest certificate for current fin year. Attached is very great details, all mail communication with bank, with many attachments inside. What are my legal options? I have been mentally harresed by bank. Any help wud be really greatful.

Thanks,

Tushar

Learning

8 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 February 2012

Under RTI act you seek the detials. Banks come under RTI Act.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 February 2012

NO attachment is found with your post.

Follow the escalation matrix and Citizen's Charter for lodging the greivance.Add cost of each representation in person ( mention travelling, parking charges etc), by letter ( mention typing, travelling charges etc), by email ( mention internet, cyber cafe, operator charges, travelling charges etc), phoen call and that represntations does not come free to you and costs hard earned monies and precious business , family hours and you do not agree to waste it on the non wroking employees of the bank and demand an amount as deemed fit.

If you are not satisfied you may forward your complaint/issue notice to Nodal Officer and Chairman of the bank.

If they also maintain studied silence you can complain to BO/Consumer forum.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     18 February 2012

Agreeing with Rajiv Sir, I like to add that you may file a complaint before the consumer for compensation on the ground of deficiency of service.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     19 February 2012

Agree with experts you should go to consumer forum for deficeany of service.

Ghanshyam Prasad (Retd. High Court Judge Patna. Judge AFT Chandigarh)     19 February 2012

go to consumer court.

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     20 February 2012

Attachment not received.

Send a letter to the Branch of the Bank, their Administrative Office(Divisional/Zonal Office/local Head Office), with a copy to the chairman seeking the details of interest charged and keep the acknowledgement with you.  If you are a defaulter, make a personal visit to the Branch and try to pay the overdue aount and request them to give the details you require.  You can ask the rate of interest they are charaging and ask for a statement of account.  You yourself can calculate the interest charged and come to a conclusion whether it is correct or not.  

AKSHANSH SINGHAL (ADVOCATE)     26 February 2012

Did u visit the branch personally for the interest rate statement & or gave any written application for the same.?

AKSHANSH SINGHAL (ADVOCATE)     26 February 2012

Did u visit the branch personally for the interest rate statement & or gave any written application for the same.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register