LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anuradha goyal (member)     12 August 2013

Interest & penalty charged by builder

I booked a flat to be constructed by builder for a sum of Rs44 lacs.At the time of agreement to sell builder also gave forms for financing it from LIC housing saying that we have tie up with the bank and every thing will be arranged by them.I was asked to sign on blank papers of loan document,however I kept one photo copy of the same.I am paying EMI regulraly till date. However at the time of possession builder charged Rs5,lac more towards interest & penalty for late payment.I have written to them that since the flat has been financed and if the bank has not made the payment on time that is only necessary clearances were not obtained by you from appropriate authorities.I am not at fault for any delayed payment.I should be informed why I have been burdened with interest & penalty for delayed payment.But till date I have not received any response from builder.

ii)At the time of allotment builder charged me Rs80,000/- for car parking.When I protested he said this amount is for maintainenance.but at the time of allotment I again charged Rs 2lac for maintainence.My query is can builder charge me for car parking?At the time of allotment contruction was going on so there is no question of car parking. After builder handed me possession covered car parking is maintained by me Then why builder is charging for car parking.Any case law on this subject?

Learning

1 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     15 August 2013

Builder charged extra amount from you , it is contrary to the agrement  and  issue legal ntotice. Wait for reply for 15 days  and after that you file case in the consumer Forum to refund extra money paid by you to Builder with interest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register