I have a few questions related to the topic heading. I have this doubt because someone recently told me that there are some changes to the Marriage Act which enforce one of the partners to change the religion to the same as other partner's.
- Is conversion mandatory after marriage so that both partners are of same religion?
- Does Hindu Marriage Act require the non-Hindu partner to necessarily convert after marriage?
- Does Christian Marriage Act require the non-Christian partner to necessarily convert after marriage?
- In both above scenarios, if it is a registered marriage, will the above laws have any effects on the conversion scenarios?
- Isn't two people's love supposed to be the most important thing here?
- If both partners wish to follow their original religion AND they respect each others' decision to do so, will the law still enforce at least one of them to be converted?
Awaiting all your replies.
Thanks in advance :-)