LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreedhar (advocate)     20 December 2008

Inter-caste marriage which caste prevails for the child

In inter caste marriage, father is a brahmin and mother is a non-brahmin. Which caste prevails for the child? Why dont we take mother's caste for a child born out of inter caste marriage?.

Sreedhar

Learning

5 Replies

Murali Krishna (Govt..Employee)     21 December 2008

Father's caste. Detailed case law can be had from Sobha Hymavathy Devi v. Setti gangadhara Swamy's case. - (2005) 2 SCC 244. 

In this case, Supreme court explained the rationale.

gopinath (Advocate)     21 December 2008

Thanks for your valuable information sir

gopinath (Advocate)     21 December 2008

Thanks for your valuable information sir

ramesh (student)     02 March 2010

Sir, my friend born of intercaste marriage , mother belongs to sc and father belongs to non sc. he got community certificate belongs to sc and got job before 12 years he got 2 promotions also. Now he affride of his job due to recent supreme court verdict of 2007. Plese give me your valuable suggessions. If any document avalable please help me.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     02 March 2010

'Now he affride of his job due to recent supreme court verdict of 2007'

Please provide the Judgement.

how sc says the cust of father? what's the logic behind it?

IF ONE'S CASTE, DECIDED BY HIS FATHER ALONE THEN WHAT IS THE ROLE OF HIS/HER MOTHER IN CASTISM ? WHY MOTHER WILL BE DEPRIVED FROM HER CONTRIBUTION TO THE CHILD, AS SHE  MARRIED AN OTHER CASTE PERSON? IS IT NOT STRENGTHENING CASTE SYSTEM? WHAT IS THE POLICY OF INDIAN PERLIAMENT, IN REGARD TO CASTE - EITHER STRENGTHENING OR ABOLISHING THE SYSTEM ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register