Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Babu P (Asst. Prof)     04 April 2013

Inter caste marriage

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to receive clarification regarding the caste applicable for my girl child, based on the following details:

I belong to Scheduled Caste(SC)

My wife belongs to Most Backward Class(MBC)

What could be the caste for my child? Though I understand that there are many benefits with the SC quota, we still want to know whether it is possible to get MBC certificate for my child.

Looking forward for your kind reply

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     04 April 2013

Children born to inter-caste couples are eligible to seek reservation benefits irrespective of the gender of the parent availing reservation.

“There is a circular of the Ministry of Home Affairs in this regard. According to this, the child of either parent belonging to the reserved category can get the certificate (of reserved category), if he or she chooses to take one....

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2013

The caste of father will be the cast of child.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     04 April 2013

You apply for both.

www.mehnat.in

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 April 2013

Children born to inter-caste couples are eligible to seek reservation benefits irrespective of the gender of the parent availing reservation, said Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Meira Kumar here on Saturday.

“There is a circular of the Ministry of Home Affairs in this regard. According to this, the child of either parent belonging to the reserved category can get the certificate (of reserved category), if he or she chooses to take one.... The Constitution does not discriminate on the basis of gender,” Kumar said. The Minister was speaking to reporters after a meeting to review the status and implementation of the Protection of Civil Rights Act and the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in the country. Kumar’s statement assumes significance, as the National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) had disfavoured twice the proposals of her Ministry for a Constitutional amendment to give SC status to children according to the mother’s lineage also. “Couples who go for inter-caste marriage should get encouragement,” she added. 
The Ministry has written to all state governments for increasing the incentive for inter-caste marriages to Rs 50,000. While Goa has gone ahead and raised the incentive to Rs 1 lakh, states like Kerala have kept it at Rs 20,000.
Scholarships for non-SC/ST people involved in menial jobs like scavenging, tanning and flaying have been increased, and the Ministry will give out the entire amount.
The Ministry is also planning to amend the Protection of Civil Rights (PCR) and Prevention of Atrocities (POA) acts and make them more stringent. Kumar also criticised Gujarat and Kerala for their poor record in registration and acquittal of cases under PCR and POA. “The average number of cases of atrocities per lakh of SC population is higher in Gujarat than all-India average; in the case of ST atrocities, Kerala leaves national figures far behind,” said Kumar.
The Ministry has also asked the state service commissions to introduce a compulsory paper on PCR and POA acts in their examination syllabus.

vineesh (workman)     24 April 2013

dear sir/madam ,

i live in mangalore(karnataka) and belong to thiya caste(OBC category).i got married to a ST girl living in kerala.i want to know whether i am eligible for intercaste incentive.plzzzzzzz reply

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2013

kindly consult reservation rules.  The cast of father will be dtrmining factor.  Please do not fall into tra of a criminal case for your child in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register