Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu Singh (na)     28 May 2014

Inter-caste love marriage ( urgent advise needed )

I'm writing this post with a really depressed heart and mind . My partner  and I wish to get married but our families are strictly against love & inter-caste marriage ! There is no way that they will agree to it and in turn eloping is the only way I can perhaps think of . We are located at Jaipur in Rajasthan . :(

Both of us are Hindus and are above the legal age of marriage , also it is NOT a Sapinda relationship  ! Legally we have all the rights to get married to a partner of our own choice , but alas our families don't have similar grounds of thinking.

I need some one to give a really effective advise as to how to get married discreetly so that no we don't have to face any hassle in terms of legal consequences because I belong to a family of Lawyers practicing at the High Court , Jaipur , Rajasthan !

We need to get this done ASAP , we welcome all suggestions and piece of advise !

Thanks for reading and replying in advance !

Learning

4 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     28 May 2014

you and your friend get respective your matriculation certificates showing date of birth, three passport size photographs and proof of residence and pick of three of your respectable major aged friends along with their identity cards  and go to Arya Samaj Mandir and get the marriage solemnnized there.  The vedio as well as photos have to be taken of the occasion. Your marriage will be solemnnized and a certificate be issued.  It is a valid legal marriage.  As an abundant precaution,  along with the same documents visit the marriage officer (SDM of the area) and with proof of marriage solemnization photos get your marriage registered under Section 8 of the Hindu Marriage Act.  After this, if you feel any physical threat, better approach the High Court or Chief Judicial Magistrate for police protection and on the basis of the marriage registration., your request will be entertained by the Court.

vidhi (social activist)     01 June 2014

hey girl can u mail me,it is ma email id vidhilvkirat99@gmail.com

i m facing d same prblm 

may be i can hlp u

G. Y. Sharma (Advocate)     01 June 2014

I sincerely agree with the opinion of sri. Chandrasekhar Adv. Do the same. All the best. If you do not think otherwise, let me express my opinion with regard to the 'Love Marriages'. I am an advocate by profession. While my graduation was complete during the year 1980, I got married to a girl of my choice, of course she is none other than my class-mate. I am a brahmin by caste while she is a Vysya. Our family being orthodox in those days, did not concede for our marriage. In spite of such deadly protest on all the ends, I stepped forward to marry her. Later we sufferred a lot for our existence. Wherever you go, the bl**dy money requires. We lost several job opportunities for want of money. we did not have any thing in hand even for making a job application in those days. We disappointed a lot for contracting love marriage. None had come forward to extend a helping hand. Later we developed on our own sweat and strains. Now both of we are Practicing Lawyers at Warangal.

Madam, 

Can you get any thing from my story? I respectfully respect Love. But that itself is not enough. It requires support of Money. If you or your 'would be' are well off, go ahead and get him married. Lest my sincere answer to your query is "NO TO LOVE MARRIAGE".

Hope you will understand from the answer from my practical life.

Wish you good luck.

Truly Yours,

G. YADAGIRI SHARMA,

M. Com., LL.M.,

G. AMRUTHA KUMARI,

M. Com., LL.M.,

ADVOCATES

H. No. 2-1-178/1, 100 Feet Road

Vidyaranyapuri, Hanumakonda.

WARANGAL DISTRICT – 506 001

*: 98 493 45 755 – *: 99 66 45 66 85

gysharmaadv@gmail.com

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 June 2014

You are free to marry anyone of your choice, if you are of legal age.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register