LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal Exploitation (S/W)     01 July 2009

Intentional Delays


I have filed a divorce in a family court against my wife. she had prolonged the process by absconding from the counselling twice, taking adjournments to submit the counter. She is taking maximum privileges from the court to delay the case. She is "legally right" but "ethically wrong" in the way she is following the process.

What can I do?



 1 Replies

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     01 July 2009

Nothing can be done. Even if you get divorce, she can file appeal, and then second appeal. By the time second appeal will be decided, divorce will be useless for you.

Why do you need divorce anyway? And if you need it badly, buy it. Pay her for her consent and try to mutual consent divorce.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register