LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sayed Maqsood Ahmed   22 June 2024

insurance of buildings in housing society

learned advocates

our housing was formed In 2003 but so far all buildings are without insurance cover and if some thing un expected happens due to natural calamities eg. earthquake, etc, who will be responsible.

now, in this AGM of our society, the MC is proposing to collect Rs. 35 pm from each member to get the buildings insured.

in.view of above I u wish to know can the sociery demand above contribution from members for insurance cover Or is it not the responsibility of the MC to get the insurance cover out of society's fund etc. ie service charges.

your immediate answer would be highly appreciated

thank you in advance

Best regards


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

If you want your flat to be insured you can do it individually. 

If you want to go with the housing society then you can decide accordingly. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register