LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manoj nauriyal   06 June 2018

Insurance fraud

I applied for a home loan of 0 lac from ICICI bank but an insurance agent made my fake signature and insured me for 1 lac. I went to the bank branch within 15 days to cancel the insurance but they told me that a check is necessary to cancel the insurance and you can bring it on your next journey. They didn't tell me that it should be done within 15 days.
After two months I went to the bank with a check book they rold ne it is not possible now to cancel the insurance. What should I do now. Please advice me.
Regards
MANOJ K.

Learning

6 Replies

manoj nauriyal   06 June 2018

Sorry it's 30 lac

Siddharth Jain   06 June 2018

firstl, you should serve a legal notice to the bank asking them for foreclosure of your account as the same for done by fraud.
Also, file a FIR against the agent for fraud, cheating, criminal breach of trust and forgery.

if bank fails to make amends within 15 days, you can file a complaint against them in consumer court for deficiency of services and unfair trade practices adopted by the bank.

for any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Rahul   06 June 2018

I agree with Siddharth Jain.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2018

Did you narrate in writing under proper acknowledgment that you visited the bank in person within 15days and check was to be done etc etc…?

The bank/banker could certainly check their own record e.g; CCTV footage etc ..

Did you sign blank forms?

Did you note that you are signing on insurance proposal forms and not the Home loan forms?

Were your signature forged?

Or you signed for insurance bundled with loan?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 June 2018

You may discuss and  get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Consumer matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before proceeding further and rushing to courts…….or even retired bankers..

Your counsel shall examine all docs, records, inputs and advise you properly on merits and chances of success………

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register