LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Goel   22 October 2020

insurance company not accepting Police Final report

lately Final untrace report is issued to me by Navi Mumbai police for my stolen vehicle.
Insurance company is not accepting the same for processing the claim.
They said they would need court certified report for the same but i have seen in YouTube some one saying that Police report in place where police commissionerate system is in place does not require court certification because judicial powers rests in commissioner of police.
1.Kindly clarify what should I do?
2.if court certification is compulsory, how much time it may take for police to submit final report to court?
3.whether I can approach the court with final report to get it certified.?

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 October 2020

1.  "judicial powers" vested in commissioner of police are in nature of "execute powers".

2.  Only Courts are vested with irrefutable "administrative powers".  

3. File Application in Court for your purposes and request for orders.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     22 October 2020

apply for certified copy of the final report. If your CA is returned for the reason final report not filed. submit the same to the Company along with police certified copy.

Gaurav Goel   08 December 2020

@Suri.Sravan Kumar I went to court clerk with application of certified copy, he said that file has not come from police station, when I asked for official written reply, she refused. Then I approached police officer and he said he has already submitted final report in court. I am not sure what to do in the situation. who has malice in his heart?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register