Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imran (none)     15 July 2014

Inspection of police rojnamcha

Dear All,

I am victim of false 498a. I would like to access police rojnamcha for one particular day. Charge sheet is submitted by Police. Can i access it. It would help for me if seniors share some judgments of Hon'ble CIC and HIgh Courts. 

Thanks in advance. 


 3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 October 2014

have you filed RTI  

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     17 October 2014

At least try making a request or RTI application for what you want, though there is a chance that the police may refuse to part with the information under exemption covered under clauses (g) and (h) of Section 8(1) of the RTI Act.


Later, if needed, during the trial, you can request the trial court for directing the police to produce the relevant record for proving your innocence. Normally, the trial court may grant your request.

arvind bandral   22 September 2023

No You can't.....

Reasons in brief: 1) Accused has no right to call Roznamcha report/ Daily dairy.

2) Only magistrate can call the record of Roznamcha.

3) It is not a public document but a secret document.

4) It doesn't come under the provision of RTI act as well.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register