LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit J (Consultant)     06 February 2010

Inspection of case file in High Court by Appellant

Dear Sir,

I have filed a writ in Delhi high court against an organisation. Notice has already been issued by honb'le HC to the other party. However, I want to personally check the receiving of notice served upon the other party. Probably for this i will have to check the case file.

Can you please guide me about how to check one's case file in the high court. Please note that I want to check personally not through my advocate.

Look forward to receicing guidance from esteemed members of this forum.

Thank You,





 12 Replies

bhupender sharma (head)     06 February 2010

there is procedure provided by the high court rules u have to file a inspection application adddressed to the registrar or printed proforma is available at the high court u may fill up the particulars or the categories and affix the court stamp of Rs. 5 if the inspection is ordinary and if the inspection is on urgent basis then Rs. 10/ court fees is to be affixed and same may be filed by 11.00 o.clock at the inspection room by writing the branch code of the same inthis regard.  

Amit J (Consultant)     06 February 2010



Thank you for your reply. However, please also clarify me about where from i can get court stamp and what is branch code.


Look forward to hearing from you,





Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     07 February 2010

The adhesive court fee stamps are available from the stamp vendors.

1 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     08 February 2010

i am very pleased to see your posting, mr amit.

you have full right to inspect the same. i several times inspect my own case without getting help of any advocate. this right given by CPC. mr bhupindar and mr parveen is correct. you please go to hc , there you will get every help.

mind it it is your right. if you face any problem please mention it here.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     15 February 2010

Good responses.

girishankar (manager)     16 February 2010

Well Said Sirs

girishankar (manager)     17 February 2010

Dear Sir,

Can I get case file including the written Arugment of my Counssel and oppsite partys ? Wht the Procedure please.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     17 February 2010

mr girishankar

Have you not got it,


contact your advocate it is with him.

you may get entire case copy. apply for certified copy. it will take some money by the court as court fees, but you will get it must.

1 Like

girishankar (manager)     17 February 2010

Dear Gupta Ji,

Thanks a lot..... I a not able to get my files from my counsel office......Pl guide me wht further to do ?

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     17 February 2010

just go to the court where your case going on. you must know the case no and the date when last it was listed. apply for a certified copy. in this application you have to write ' whom vs. whom' ; case no; and when it is last listed; you may demand entire copy of the case or any part - which you require. you please try it. if you find any difficulties then chat me or send pm.

you also may take help of a advocate clerk for this porpuse. i think clerk will take more or less rs 100. do not go to an advocate he may charge a big amount, comparing to clerk. no need to go to your own advocate or his clerk. i understood that he kept you in dark, about your case. any how you may contact him also - if you have a co ordial relation with him.

1 Like

girishankar (manager)     17 February 2010

Thank You Gupta Ji.

navin chandra (business)     18 December 2013

if a banking lokpal reject my application under 13a then what can i do ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register