Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surata Ram (Dy Director)     02 October 2010

Injury(Abrasion) to a cow by tractor- IPC section?

My cow was injured by one tractor being driven rashly by a driver without license. The cows skin was peeled off and for two days it continued to limp and now recovering. The tractor(Massey ) does not have valid papers and no number plate. A veterinary doctor gave injections and medicine for the cow and the prescripttion is with me. He has given medical report that the cow had curable abrasion.

The police has said that it is non-cognisable offence and the police did not register a case.

i) Which IPC sections should be invoked in this case.

ii) Please advise whether I should file compalaint with a magistrate.

Thanks

Surata Ram

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 October 2010

Sections 428 and 429 of the Indian Penal Code make it illegal to maim or cause injury to any animal with a monetary value greater than Rs 10. The Code also makes it illegal for vehicles to purposefully injure or kill dogs, cats and cows on the street. Offenders can be reported to the local animal protection group and police station and a case filed under the above-referenced sections. Punishment is a fine of Rs 2000 and/or a jail term of up to five years.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     02 October 2010

Sections 428 and 429 of the Indian Penal Code make it illegal to maim or cause injury to any animal with a monetary value greater than Rs 10. The Code also makes it illegal for vehicles to purposefully injure or kill dogs, cats and cows on the street. Offenders can be reported to the local animal protection group and police station and a case filed under the above-referenced sections. Punishment is a fine of Rs 2000 and/or a jail term of up to five years.

Jatin Sapra 9312223345,Delhi (Advocate)     03 October 2010

hi,

Agree with my Ld friend but you have to file complaint case in Magistrate court under section 190 Cr.PC  and have to prove your case only then magistrate will take cognizance.

Surata Ram (Dy Director)     04 October 2010

Is action taken against the dirver under 279 or other section. which of the sections are cognisable. Please guide us.

Thanks

Surata Ram

Siv (engineer)     14 October 2010

Dear Sir,

Please forgive him by taking money with which the cow can be supplied good grass for it's life time.

At the same time I really appreciate that you love cows and is showing to the world that humans loves animals but not the humans behave like animals.

Let this brainless animal behave like human by giving him chance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register