LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan   10 February 2017

Initials change in legal heir

I had applied for legal heir and since i was not in communication with my sister I had applied with her Name as M ******** as her husbnad's name starts with M. Now after she saw the certificate she wants that to be made as B ********* as Balasubramaniam is father's name. What should be done and how? Assuming other facts to be correct in all respect

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2017

Check with O/o Tehsildar that has issued the certificate.

Saravanan   11 February 2017

Thanks Sir. I have an Fixed Deposit in my father's name which does not have a nominee. They have asked an affiavit for closure from my sister. She ready to give. but now there is a mismatch of initial in legal heir and her ID proof. Will bank accept this or should i wait for correction in the Initials from the tahsildar? Thanks in advance for your expected reply.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 February 2017

If the funds in FDR (without valid nomination) are within threshold limits of Bank, it may agree to pay after geting Disclaimer, Indemnity, witnesses etc.

Usually Bank provide full set of claim documents containing everything.

The bank may get satisfied with copy of School certificate, pan card of sister showing her as D/o..........deceased father.....................and say marriage certificate showing her as w/o.............and D/o..........deceased father....................

The bank may not have asked for Legal heir certificate.

The bank may be satisfied by witness/authentication of say Area Municiple Councillor.

Rest for corrections check with O/o Tehsildar's...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register