Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inhuman cruel step mother

Respected sir, After my beloved mother's demise at my age of 21 years, my dad remarried again without my consent to a sadistic and abusive lady who was 55 years at that time.She doesn't have any children.She's barren since young age. Ever since his marriage to that woman i was completely abandoned by dad and disowned by so called relatives.I was severely illtreated and discriminated for no reason.she's been verbally abusive and threatening with very high pitch and sadistic in her behaviour..No support from father or relatives morally or financially towards my career and dad was manipulative and deceiving. I used to eat at temples and do meditation in meditation centers to escape from her abuse for many years.I was helpless. I picked myself up from the trauma and agony and attended interviews and now earning myself for a living. I have ancestral property of my grandfather. My father is refusing to give me that. Sir my main question is, can i sue or file a complaint against my step mother for causing me mental agony and trauma for many years and doing defamation and false allegations and stopping my father from supporting me? Is it possible to sue her for an compensation for the loss and damage she caused to me?

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Y.K. Mehrotra (Advocate)     02 May 2022

Hello Sir

You can lodge a complaint (FIR) against your stepmother. 

Defamation is competent of both criminal and civil nature. You can approach by sending a legal notice and in furtherance can approach the civil court to prove defamation.

Although my advice here is to lodge an FIR, then let the charges be framed and once framed you can send a legal notice for civil defamation for the trauma. However, the chances are meagre as your father has to testify for such defamation which does not seem possible here. 

The correct approach for claiming your share in the ancestral property is to opt for partition as a coparcenor,

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register