Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

indranil lath (proprietor)     05 July 2011

Inheritance of rented property

hi everybody,

My late father was in possession of a shop room as a tenant and after his demises my mother inherated my father's business about 15 years ago, but the landlord used to give the rent receipt in my late father's name.

being in west bengal , my question is ,

after 15 year's of my father's death, is my mother legally inheriteted the tenancy right of the shop room?

as the landlord till now issues the rent receipt in my father's name, does it mean he has'nt accepted my mother as tenant?

my late father also inherariteted the shop room after my grand father's death and the electricity meter is in my late grand father's name till now.Does is matter or not?

as a son does i got some right over this rented property?

Learning

3 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     05 July 2011

inheritence allowed for leased / rented properties.

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     07 July 2011

the legal heirs are entitled to inherit the tenancy, the problem is all the legal heirs are equally entitled to th eproperty, if you are the sole legal heir, you may approch the landlord and ask to transfer the deed in your favour.  even other wise you are legally entitled to contineu in the premises.

indranil lath (proprietor)     07 July 2011

@Bobby Mani T

Thankyou sir,

Now my question is , if the landlord desire to demolish & reconstruct the building, and for which we have to vacate the possession of shop. furthur landlord want's to sell out a shop in new building to us , in such case what type of documantation we should obtain to make sure that landlord be unable to cheat us?

Thanking you once again sir & a request to please guide us in this case aswell.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register