LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharada Kumar (owner )     29 January 2015

Inheritance of property of childless christian couple

My Wife and I are Catholics from Kerala. We do not have any children. We both have taken combined joint home loan and have purchased a flat in Noida which is in our joint names. As of now, we have not taken any ancestral or family money for this flat or even otherwise. My questions are -

1.  If I die without a will, are my siblings ( i have a married brother and a married sister- both well settled) entitled to a share in this house? If yes, what? If at that time of my death, both my parents are dead, then what is my wife and EACH sibling entitled to?

2. Can i make a will and say that this house should go to my wife only?

3. If I choose to take my share in my father's property and use that money to pay off a part of the home loan, then can I still make a will in favor of my wife or will be family be authomatically entitled to a share in the house as I have used money from my ancestral property for this house?

4. What can i do to ensure that my wife gets my house without any trouble from my family if I die without any children?  

I look forward to your response. 

Regards

Sharada

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 February 2015

Dear querist, you have repeated the query.  You may visit the previous thread itself to know my opinion and others opinion to your query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register