Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Inheritance by son and daughter in absence of a Will (Hindu family)

Page no : 2

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2017

Best wishes.

k singh   04 March 2017

dear sirs

i have similar problem. father died in 2001, no will. only myself & 1 brother left. hindu family. house has tenant only.

1. i am worried that my brother will make property in his own name & sell. if he gets sucesion cert saying he is only surviver, how will court or tehsil office know that i am also surviver?

2. can i do anything to protect him from selling the property? is there any way i can register my equal right on title?

3. my brother is refusing to share rent money with me. is there any legal way to force him to share, as i think i have equal right to this money?

i have tried very hard to talk to him nicely but he just wants it all!

please help

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 March 2017

Same Query: In your case also it seems that:  mother and wife have predeceased and only surviving ClassI legal heirs are: 2 Brothers.

My response is same. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 March 2017

Legal heir certificate/affidavit may serve your purpose also and you may get it from Citizen's Fasicility Center like: Suvidha Kendra.

Check with concerned official of authority e.g; Patwaari, Naib Tehsildar in MC.

Either settle amicably or approach local counsel specializing in property/civil matters for Parition by courts, mense profits.

OR consider dispsoing your share.

Local counsel can help you.

1 Like

shrenik (lawyer)     04 March 2017

Mr singh you can go for sucesion certificate and write details as you n ur brother are legal heirs. And then the property will be on both of yours name
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register