Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj   29 September 2016

Inheritance

Dear Sir'',

My mother and I have a flat, fixed deposits in her name and mine. In her life, I served my mother to the best of my ability and she died in my arms. I have an elder brohter who visited us once every year. He has been living in the US for over 20 years now and his visits to mom and I were obligatory. He has never given her any money for maintenance. My mother and I created joint deposits in her name and mine which also included my salary investments.

After her death now, my brother states the he took our mother's signature on a will where-in my mother has expressed to share the benefits equally between the brothers. While I am still to see the will, I would like to know what my options are? The witnesses are said to be by my mothers sister and her husband.

I strongly detest to share anyting with my brother who has been present in our deepest crisis, including my father's death, in lip service only. I am unmarried and have sacrificed my life, career and my personal life for my aging father and mother. 

Please advise.

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 September 2016

It is believed that deceased mother was Hindu.

Legal heirs of deceased Hindu female are; Husband and sons and daughters, and shall share the self earned/acquired estate equally.

If there is a valid WILL then the beneficiaries shall get her estate as per WILL.

Neeraj   29 September 2016

@Kumar Doab

Sir,

Deceased and children are Chrisitan, what are the criteria for a Valid Will??

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 September 2016

From your name @ Neeraj, it was guessed that you are Hindu.

Refer to succession laws and WILL pertaining to chirstians.

Go thru; Indian Succession Act.

Prefer to consult a very able counsel in advance as you have mentioned that it was your money that was advanced to mother.

Hope you have the irrefutable evidence.

Mukesh sharma (job )     01 October 2016

Hi Neeraj here i agree with kumar doab sir advice you need to take help some senior lawyer in your case who will help you in your case to get back your money 

Neeraj   11 October 2016

Thank you Doab Sir for your invaluable comments and prompt help.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 October 2016

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register