LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajat gupta (self)     09 December 2009

Inheritance

In case a man dies, his wife becomes automatic heir of the house in man's name.

But does the wife have to get the house registered/transferred in her name by paying 5% stamp duty ? Or is this 5% stamp duty waived/avoidable in such situation ?

Kindly do advise. Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     09 December 2009

No need to say 5% stamp duty. Obtain a succession certificate and go to revenue recorder of your district to get name changed by paying a nominal fees.
1 Like

rajat gupta (self)     10 December 2009

Dear Mr Goyal, thanks for your response.

The subject house is in Gurgaon. So, from where can I obtain its succession certificate ?

Would you know of any reliable agents/intermediaries who can get the whole thing done for me on payment basis ?

Regards

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     10 December 2009

ANISH GOYAL  HAS RIGHTLY ANSWERED TO YOUR QUESTION, Pertaining to your second question,We advocates plead and canvass the cases on behalf of the clients, we don't generally have contacts with any agents or intermedaries. It is you who have to personally visit and move the papers, Better contact any lawyer of your local area who will guide better regarding obtaining the succession certificate.

mahesh kumar yadav (Advocate)     11 December 2009

according to my opinion, you need to obtain family sucession certificate from court

you need file an application in the concerned court and should get Family Sucession Certificate, in which they will mention all legal heirs names.

1 Like

rajat gupta (self)     11 December 2009

Thanks Mr Yadav.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register