IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     16 March 2012

Information using rti from private companies!

Dear Experts,

Please enlighten us, how to get proof that wife is earning especially in case of private sector.

I know RTI is applicable to Govt offices, PSUs etc. but in case of private companies RTI can be filed to Govt assessors of that private company.

In my case I know wife is working in a MNC, i don't know her EPF A/c. nor do i know where it is getting deposited.  her company is not  listed in BSE/NSE so guide me how to prove that she is earning using RTI.

Plz experts throw some light.


 11 Replies

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     16 March 2012

Do you know the company where she works? You will have to act smart & cunning arrange something from the company. I was aware where my wife used to work last. I pretended to be an HR reference check  company and send them a mal in a format containing questions which serves my purpose. The company's reply became a proof that she was working there and was working in other company prior to working with them.


Act smart otherwise nothing can be proved.

You can request court to direct her to submit her bank accounts and ITR. 

2 Like

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     17 March 2012

Dear Praveen kumar,

Yes, i know where she works. Can you plz PM me the format of questionaire.

I would be highly obliging to you.


Rahul Sharma (Others)     17 March 2012

Please provide me the format as well. I am also facing same problem. It would be of much help for us. Please send over the HR mail format.

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     20 March 2012

Dear Mr Praveen kumar,

Can you plz forward me the quesstionaire to me so that i can also try the same trick.

Never Give Up (Fighter)     20 March 2012

@Praveen kumar,


Brilliant Idea

Praveen Kumar (Not working)     20 March 2012

ur mail id?

harsh pratap singh (sseef)     20 March 2012

Shri Praveen Kumar,

Plz check ur PM......

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     21 March 2012

There is no effective and fool proof method to find out the same.


Though many people have used detectives to find the same out.


Shonee Kapoor
2 Like

Rahul Sharma (Others)     26 March 2012

Hello Praveen -- Please provide me the format as well. I am also facing same problem. It would be of much help for us. Please send over the HR mail format which you used to collect the working information of wife......Please do help

meenu (home maker)     13 August 2012

sir how can i get salary statement of a person working in Private sector through RTI ..can u plz tell me.........highly thankful to u sir for this...

b man (Namaste)     14 August 2012


Dear Meenuji,


RTI is not applicable to Private sector.


You can ask someone to call this particular person pretending to be from a finance company offering xyz loan on very low interest rate. S/he might take the bait; ask s/he for a copy of all the relevant documents (salary statement etc.) so that the company can check his/her eligibility for the loan.


It’s worth a try. If s/he doesn’t take the bait, no harm done.


Warm Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course law

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query