LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prashant_raman (private)     16 August 2013

Information such as 7/12 & 8a of farm through rti

Can a person 'A' get information such as 7/12 & 8A of Farm land owned by person 'B' through RTI act?

- Person 'A'  & 'B' are not relatives, farm/ house-wise neighbours AND stays in towns far away.

- 'A'  has no intetion to purchase farm land in the neighbour-hood of 'B' OR land of 'B'.

I am person B and Village talathi has not asked me about sharing this information but on other hand is ready to provide the information to 'A'. I came to know this un-officially.

I am giving application to Tahsil office for not sharing such information to 'A' based on following abstract of RTI law.

8 (1) (j). information which relates to personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual unless the Central Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or the appellate authority, as the case may be, is satisfied that the larger public interest justifies the disclosure of such information: Provided that the information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature shall not be denied to any person.

Expert please through light on this subject. Is my interpretation correct?

Thanks!!

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     17 August 2013

Land records avaiable at the sub - registrar's office are public records and you cannot stop A from seeking details of the property owned by B . A need not make an application under RTI to obtain the copies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register