Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Information required (case against lawyer)

Dear Experts,

May i know if lawyers are immune from law. I filed a harrassment case against my wife's lawyer producing proof of his threat on phone and also produced a video proof of him harassing my family members using abusive language and threatening us. Now case is going to come on board very soon. May i know does he have right to represent himself or does he need a lawyer itself ?

Learning

8 Replies

Srinivas (Director)     02 July 2013

Every person has right to represent himself. You can also do the same but it is hard since there are so many procedure, practices that lawyers breath day in and day out.  Also our judiciary is one of the most inefficient and inefffective systems. The system lends itself to abuse and unscrupulous people take advantage of it. I would advise to drop the suit against the advocate and move on in life or most likely it will consume you in the process. Ask yourself what you will get out of this litigation?  

Sorry this may seem harsh advice but it will save you grief, money and time.

Good Luck.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 July 2013

agree with Sriniwas

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Jon

Dear Experts,

May i know if lawyers are immune from law. I filed a harrassment case against my wife's lawyer producing proof of his threat on phone and also produced a video proof of him harassing my family members using abusive language and threatening us. Now case is going to come on board very soon. May i know does he have right to represent himself or does he need a lawyer itself ?

Already you have a case, ie headache No. 1.

You want to file one more case on opposite party's lawyer and create one more headache which will be headache No. 2.

Kudos.

If you want to pursue the headache No. 2 with such recordings complain to the bar council. Complain to the judge in the open court along with such recordings.  If he has given any death threat, give a formal complaint against that lawyer in a police station.  That's option No. 1.

Option No. 2 would be just forget it and concentrate on your present case.

(Guest)

Experts thank you for the advice however the case has already been filed in court and court asked police for inquiry and submit the report which has already happened. The accussed lawyer is offering money to withdraw the case but his condition is out of court settlement which i didn't agree. I do not want any money but this person ruined my life and if he goes through this hassle for 5-6 years he will feel what i went through. He doesn't deserve to be a lawyer when he abused my family members it was clearly showing that he was loosing the battle and then he tried to threaten us. Now let him face the run till high court and supreme court........F.I.R. and chargesheet has already been prepared against him. He tried to bribe police but the first class magistrate where he practices does not like him as whenever he use to cross examine his opposition he use to laugh at judge everytime she use to scold him. Judges are also human beings if you don't respect them at the court where you are practicing they remember all these kind of things. I believe the judge is very happy that i filed a case against this lawyer because atleast for 3 months this person was bribing police to hold the case in police station. And one day she ordered police station to submit report within 5 days so that the case can be trialed.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Jon

Experts thank you for the advice however the case has already been filed in court and court asked police for inquiry and submit the report which has already happened. The accussed lawyer is offering money to withdraw the case but his condition is out of court settlement which i didn't agree. I do not want any money but this person ruined my life and if he goes through this hassle for 5-6 years he will feel what i went through. He doesn't deserve to be a lawyer when he abused my family members it was clearly showing that he was loosing the battle and then he tried to threaten us. Now let him face the run till high court and supreme court........F.I.R. and chargesheet has already been prepared against him. He tried to bribe police but the first class magistrate where he practices does not like him as whenever he use to cross examine his opposition he use to laugh at judge everytime she use to scold him. Judges are also human beings if you don't respect them at the court where you are practicing they remember all these kind of things. I believe the judge is very happy that i filed a case against this lawyer because atleast for 3 months this person was bribing police to hold the case in police station. And one day she ordered police station to submit report within 5 days so that the case can be trialed.

Good job.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     03 July 2013

we appreciate and also we can understand the greivance you faced all this 5 to 6 years and now you have tried to face the challenge and who is representing the case you personally or with another lawyer take care 

(Guest)

I am representing myself i haven't  hired any lawyer. If i hire any lawyer in my city then the problem is that this lawyer will approach them and get the issue settled. I am hoping LCI and other fellow members who are always helping me will be there to answer my queries. Good thing is that i will be on the floor and i will be questioning this lawyer in the witness box. I have prepared myself very well about this. For the past six months i have been attending court almost everyday to see different cases how cross examination happens and what mode of language is used in front of judge. Let's see where my destiny takes me.

(Guest)

You from which place?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register