LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathees Kumar (SE)     06 July 2012

Information required

Hi Everyone,

I was returning home with my friends from a movie at 1:20 AM. We were riding in 50kmph and on the way few policemen caught us for overspeeding (they didnt possess any speed measuring device). Before we could say anything a policeman slapped me. I explained them that I was an IT Professional and was returning from a movie (showed them the movie tickets). Later I asked them the reason they slapped me but they used bad language and said that they will do it and there was nothing I can do about it. Is there anything I can do about it?

Appreciate your time and help



 11 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 July 2012

You can lodge complaint against that police before the suprintendent of police of your Dist., but dont do that because your time will be wasted and more over they are police people, better to forget it .

sandeep jain (advocate)     06 July 2012


you lodge a report against that police personal. if the concern police officer refuses to take your report then you write a complaint in the name of the concern police officer and sent the copies to all higher officer of police department. If the police authority failed to take any congnizance then you can lodge a criminal complaint in the court.

Sathees Kumar (SE)     06 July 2012

Thank you Mr.Rajiv and Mr.Sandeep for your timely response. I will try lodging a complaint against the police official and let you know if any action is taken.

SAHIL (LEGAL)     06 July 2012

Dear Sathees,

                    Do you have noted the name and badge no. of the concerned police officer? If yes then you can write a letter to the concerned police officer and lodge a complaint against him in to the higher authorities and file a complaint. If the police officer do not take any cognisance of the matter then file appropriate criminal proceeding in the criminal court




ravindra (Analyst)     06 July 2012

give written complaint to DCP of that area

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     06 July 2012

My sincere suggestion is take it as  pinch of salt because nothing you can do against the policemen in India. If you try to pretend brave or Hero remember police can slap a false case against you and you will repent throughout your life for taking PANGA with police. People are there to misguide the youth but that is not the forte of any ordinary Indian. The Supreme Court of India had many a times suggested that though before constitution every citizen is equal but not as equal to the other persons.

Rest is up to you.

mahavir baid (advocate)     09 July 2012

sir i idetified an affidavit which was not signed by depont, on good faith on  my client  iidentified that.if later any thing happened, i shall be resposiblw for that? please suggest 

Thanking you

mahavir baid (advocate)     09 July 2012



i idetified an affidavit which was not signed by depont infront of me, on good faith on  my client I identified that. if later any thing happened, i shall be resposiblw for that? please suggest 


Thanking you


Dear Querist,

Whatever happened may be condemned for the behaviour of the police.As you do not possess any evidence or proof regarding the incident,better forget it as a bad dream.

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     29 July 2012

As a normal government fearing Indian you will be advised to forget this incident. But you will not be able to forget this ever in your life untill you do something about it. Sure you may face consequences of complaining as it has become a practice in India to harrass the righteous and protect the culprits. 

Seek help from a human rights NGO in your area and see what they can do. If they prove of no help send a written complaint to the SP/DCP of that area alongwith a copy to the High Court Registery. Also try to file an FIR against that police constable for causing aggression. 

Remember this if you wont fight for yourself no one else will fight for you. And also there may be consequences which you shall be ready to face. But thats bravery is all about. 

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     01 August 2012

Dear Mr. Devesh, Kindly allow me to address you with your first name with apology. It is good to become a braveman but not a Shaheed as Shaheed's are remembered through statue only and if you had happen to see any statue of some Shaheed then you would also read below that, SHAHEDDON KI CHITAON PAR LAGENGE HAR BARAS MAILE VATAN PE MARNE WALON KA YAHI BAKI NISHAN HOGA. If you can understand the couplet then it says that NO SHAHEED IS REMEMBERED AFTER HIS MARTYRDOM and taking PANGA with police is HARAKIRI which as an Indian I would not suggest to an fellow Indian. Choice is individual's.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query