LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayant Kulkarni (Executive)     22 May 2009

Information requested for the refund of the fees

I had taken the admission in Distance Learning Course of ICFAI - MAB Marketing 5 years before. Unfortunately, because of my job change, I couldn't start the course. I had requested the authorities to refund the fees of 35000/- I had paid by taking the educational loan from Andhra Bank of which ICFAI has the official tie up. But the authorities are refusing to return the fees.

Expecting the expert's comments to get these fees back.

Jayant Kulkarni

Learning

8 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     22 May 2009

Jayant

Refer to the prospectus of the course based on which u applied for admission into course and later on paid the fee and Also you may look at the receipt given to you, if any mention is made with regard to the refund of fee or cancellation of admission to the course.

1 Like

Sanjay Yadav (Law Student )     22 May 2009

Dear Mr. Kulkarni,

Refund of fees from the University seems to be very difficult. I am sure that they must have written in their prospectus that there would be no refund of fees in case of cancellation of admission. 

In my opinion you should try and get someone who can help you by way of knowing staff personally.

REgards,

Sanjay

The Broucher I had got is the common for all the courses distance learning, full time, etc. The refund of the fees has been denied in the broucher but the any clause of cancellation of the course @ initial basis before attending the 1st session of the course or exam. So my hopes are there to get back the money.

Regards

Jayant Kulkarni

I had also mentioned all the details including the copy of the first communication made to him for the cancellation of the admission. But still the authorities are adamant. I had discussed this matter with several senior persons. For distance learning courses, in most of the universities refund is possible. But this university is refusing to do so. I had also made the communication to University Grand Commission & the Ministry of Education in this regards. But both of them are too slow to give the response.

Jayant Kulkarni

Jayant Kulkarni (Executive)     23 May 2009

The University is in Hydrabad & I am in Gujarat. In which consumer forum I should register the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register